PCD/CBN Category Tools
Our PCBN inserts and brazed tools are manufactured with premium Polycrystalline Cubic Boron
Nitride materials made by world class manufacturers selected to suit your application to insure the
most cost effective solution to your cutting tool problems.
PCBN offers huge advantages when machining hardened steels instead of costly grinding
Our PCD inserts and brazed tools are manufactured with the finest polycrystalline diamond materials
available, selected to suit your specific application to insure the most cost effective solution to your
cutting tool problems.
- PCBN inserts allow faster speeds and feeds compared to any other conventional cutting tool
material—up to 300% faster cycle times.
- PCBN inserts reduce scrap and improve workpiece quality with tight dimensional control and
excellent surface finishes.
- PCBN inserts optimize machine tool efficiency by increasing production capacity—reducing the need
for new equipment. For example: a CNC lathe used in hard turning is about 1/3 the cost of a grinder.
- PCBN inserts allow multiple machining operations in one chucking on a lathe as opposed to several
set-ups with grinding.
- PCBN cutting tools have a positive environmental impact by reducing or eliminating grinding swarf.
These oil-based coolants are costly to dispose of. Most hard turning operations do not require
coolant; therefore, the chips can be recycled.